St. John's
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
"The Kirk"
St. John's

Builder: Orgues Létourneau Limitée
Ste Hyacingthe, Québec
Op. 16
1987

76 Queens Road, P.O. Box 6206,
St. John's, NL A1C 6J9 

STOPS LIST AND NOTES 

Great Organ

Double Open Diapason
    (16 ft.)

Open Diapason (8)

Stopped Flute (8)

Principal (4)

Hohlflote (4)

Fifteenth (2)

Mixture IV (1 1/3)

Swell Organ (enclosed)

Open Diapason (8)

Dulciana (8)

Principal (4)

Harmonic Flute (4)

Harmonic Piccolo (2)

Oboe Bassoon (16)

Trumpet Harmonie (8)

Clarion Harmonic (4)

Tremulant

Choir Organ

Salicional (8 ft.)

Celeste (8)

Chimney Flute (8)

Spire Flute (4)

Twelfth 2 2/3)

Principal (2)

Seventeenth (1 3/5)

English Horn (8)

Clarinet (8)

Vox Humana (8)

Tremulant

Pedal Organ

Resultant (32)

Open Diapason (16)

Sub Bass (16)

Violon Diapason (16)

Principal (8)

Bass Flute (8)

Choral Bass (4)

Trombone (16)

Trumpet (8)

Clairon (4)

Pistons: 6 each for Swell, Great, Choir and General 

1. The first organ of record at St. Andrew’s was a two-manual tracker organ by Conacher of Huddersfield, England, with 22 stops and approximately 1500 pipes. It was installed after the fire of 1892.

2. In 1916, Norman and Beard was selected to enlarge the organ, adding a choir manual and making the dimension of 42 stops and over 2000 pipes.

3. In the 1960s there was trouble and, despite rather extensive repairs, a complete rebuilding was indicated. This was performed by Orgues Letourneau in 1987 at a cost of $147,000 and comprised an electromechanical organ with three manuals, 37 stops and over 2000 pipes. The changed specifications provided a brighter, more responsive tonal palette.