St. John's
Wesley United Church
St. John's

Builder: Casavant Frères Limitée
Ste Hyacingthe, Québec
Op. 1384
1930

101 Patrick Street  St. John's, NL

STOPS LIST AND NOTES 

Manuals (61 notes)

Great Organ

Open Diapason (8)

Hohlflote (8)

Gemshorn (8)

Principal (4)

Harmonie Flute (4)

Fifteenth (2)

Trumpet (8)

Chimes (ch)

Swell Organ (enclosed)

Bourdon (16)

Open Diapason (8)

Stopped Diapason (8)

Viola da Gamba (8)

Voix Celeste (8)

Aeoline (8)

Flaute Traverso (4)

Piccolo (2)

Oboe (8)

Cornopean (8)

Tremulant

Chimes (ch)

Choir Organ (enclosed)

Geigen Principal (8)

Melodia (8)

Dulciana (8)

Dolce Flute (4)

Flautina (2)

Clarinet (8)

Chimes (25 notes)

Pedal Organ (32 notes)

Open Diapason (16)

Bourdon (16)

Gedect (Sw) (16 Sw)

Otave (8 ext)

Stopped Flute (8 ext)

Chimes (ch)


Pistons Manuals 4

Pedal (3)

General (3)

Notes:

1. The first organ, a one-manual Bevington, came from Alexander Street Methodist Church in 1908, and was shipped to Winterton in about 1911 where it still is in use.

2. A two-manual Conacher organ from Cochrane Street Methodist replaced this organ in about 1911.

3. Newfoundland’s oldest Radio Station VOWR, “Voice of Wesley Radio”, still operating after about 90 years, was inaugurated in 1925, and with this in mind, a new organ was acquired in 1930 at a cost of $12,000.00. VOWR is on the air seven days a week, still operated entirely by volunteers, and receives support from all religious groups.

4. The organ has three manuals, 28 stops and approximately 14,000 pipes.